Sunday, January 4, 2009

Gene's Grinders

Ok, this place called Gene's Grinders off of arrow hwy is a nice hole in the wall. The sandwich itself was uneventful but I was glad to not get sick. The mustard tasted great and the lettuce wasn't soggy. The bread was totally not fresh baked like the sign said. The upside, no food poisoning(for me and Patty at least).
You talk to this Asian lady (we assumed was Gene of Gene's Grinders) who takes your order with a smile. This grinder was ok about one step down from subway. The fries reminded me of the long lost Bravo Burger of San Dimas(loved the place). I had other associates with me and I am happy to say that just one of us got sick. Plastered Patty had a sprite (smart girl) and J.B. Titty got a burger(the not so good choice).
I do have to say, the ketchup was an awful experience. It was a gelatinous, gooey, slimey, unappealing, and disgusting red stuff in a ketchup package. For those who don't mind a semi alright sandwhich, oh excuse me, grinder, this is the place for you. If you want to try the burger, here is the scoop. The burger was uneventful and suspiciously tasted like costo freezer burn patties. Our associate J.B. Titty got the mud butt and later destroyed our bathroom. So if you want to become a ticking time bomb (J.B. Titty blames the ketchup really) eat the ketchup by slathering it on your burger.
I will have to say 2 stars out of 5. It was initially a 3 out of 5 but I have had a longer time to reflect. I think if the place wasn't so sketchy, the ketchup was not from the 50's, and if they used something other than styrafoam it would have been a 3 stars joint. So if your in the mood for somewhat over priced food this is the place for you.
BEWARE OF THE ANCIENT KETCHUP!

1 comment: